Sep 10, 2014

Top 10 movies I can't wait this season

We are more than half way through the end of this movie season, however most high calibre films are still to be premiered. As usual, a big number of my favorite films come out in theaters either in the Autumn or Winter. 

I've already watched some films that most probably fall into my top ten movies of 2014 like How To Train Your Dragon 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Grand Budapest Hotel. But there are 7 more spots left and I have quite many pictures I desperately want to see this year and here are ten most wanted:
I am a huge fan of musicals and especially if it stars my favorite actors/actresses such as: Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, Anna Kendrick, Johnny Depp, etc. This all star cast makes me soo excited, even though it's just a fairy tale, but remember there is nothing "just" when it comes to Meryl.

Logan Lerman is an actor who I can watch in any movie. Seriously, I watched The Three Musketeers just because of him. He seems to be really good in this WWII drama and along with impressive cast of Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf  Fury looks like a great war film.
Eddie Redmayne's performance in Les Miserables was my favorite and after seeing the trailer of The Theory of Everything it stuck in my head how incredibly good he is. It most probably can bring him Oscar nomination and not only. The same time Felicity Jones seems no less brilliant and I found trailer to be very beautiful. In addition, I am a huge fan of Stephen Hawking and seeing James Marsh's version of his life is a part of excitement.
Frankly, Benedict Cumberbatch is enough reason to watch this film. But Keira Knightley, and Charles Dance, and Matthew Goode - they all are actors I really like. Movie itself seems to be a well made, charming, spectacular drama, that can shake you from the very bottom of your heart.
Time for guilty pleasures. Dylan O'Brien. The Maze Runner is one of those popcorn movies which only crazy teens or guilty-pleasured-movie goers attend, I'm the latter. If you think that this affection to Dylan came from Teen Wolf, you are wrong. Have not watched a single episode. I just really want to see this film. Period.
Do you all remember how perfect Cameron Monaghan is in Shameless? I do and since then I pretty much watched every other his movie. I'm not gonna miss this one either, especially it has Meryl Streep in it.
Even though Angelina Jolie's name worked a lot for me, I had zero expectation for this film until the first trailer. To me, now it seems one of the best projects of the year, frontrunner and very exciting drama. I like the story [kind of reminds Life of Pi], loved both trailers and especially this one - it is brilliantly assembled scenes, with beautiful music, nice cuts and good sound effects.
I love animations. I even watch very stupid animation. But when I saw the first trailer of The Boxtrolls I kind of fell in love with it. It's funny, witty, interesting, different, original and looks very beautiful. Since I am not too needy about animated features, it can easily impress me. We'll see.
Last year, The Hunger Games made it in my top ten movie list. I really like the book, but mostly Jennifer Lawrence is the reason that gets me to the cinema. I can not wait for more of her in the first part of final chapter.
I've talked enough about this movie, how much I loved the book and how much I can't wait to see its version of David Fincher. And I think, Rosamund Pike is perfect casting as Amy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home