Mar 12, 2014

The Running Reel participates in Liebster Award

Ben from The Movie Man nominated me on Liebster Award. I am very excited because I am not able to right a lot these days, and this is an interesting opportunity. Before we start, here are the rules:
  • The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
  • Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
  • Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions.
  • When you are nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
Ben's Questions:
 
1. If you had to pick between a horror movie marathon, or a romance movie marathon, which would you choose?

I think I'd go for horrors because it's my favorite genre and I don't think I've seen many of best horror movies.
2. If you could take any actor/actress out on a date, who would it be and why?

Huh, hard question to answer, actually. So many names came up suddenly. I'd say Julia Roberts, just only because she's my favorite actress of all time and I've been loving her since I was a little kid. In alternative, I'd take Jesse Tyler Ferguson of Modern Family on a date, because he's awesome. I've met him in NYC and he seems to be a very interesting person.

Oh and I'd go out with whole lead cast of The Perks of Being a Wallflower with great pleasure.

3. What was the first film you ever saw that you can remember impacted you greatly?

TITANIC. I will never forget this experience. I think that's when I fell in love with movies.

4. What is one movie cliche that you can't stand?

People around me believe that European & Asian movies are better than Hollywood. It drives me crazy.

5. What is one film that you're embarrassed to say you love?

TITANIC. Because when I say it's my favorite movie, they go like, "whaaat?"

6. What is one critically acclaimed film that you actually disliked?

They are many, but The Artist is most recent. As an experimental silent movie in a century of sounds seemed quite interesting, but for me it did not work. Maybe because I am not much into silent movies. Sometimes I even found Jean Dujardin's "funny" mimics extremely irritating.

7. Which decade of cinema was/is the greatest in your opinion?

90s. This decade associates with so many great movies, so many brilliant actors & directors. It was most diverse period in film history in sense of newcomers & experiments.

8. What film should have won Best Picture at the most recent Academy Awards? (It didn't have to be nominated). 

This year I'd vote for Her among nominees and Rush in general. Ron Howard is the only director who made racing movie so spectacular that even I could not take my eyes of it. As for Her, it was most different and crazy idea in 2013, absolutely deserved the best picture title.

9. Have you ever gotten into an argument with someone over a movie? If so, which film was it and why?

Yes, with my friends about Burn After Reading, because I believe it's Coen's one of the best works and generally absolutely brilliant piece of art.

10. Who is one actor/actress you absolutely cannot stand to watch?

Dwayne Johnson - he is so bad, so bad that I can't even explain it. I just don't get him.

11. What is your personal favorite movie/movies of all time?

TITANIC.

p.s. Ben, I liked your questions.
 
I nominate following 11 bloggers: (according to rules, they should have less than 200 followers)
Question for those 11 nominated bloggers:
  1. Do you enjoy going to cinema alone? why?
  2. Have you ever watched a movie  just because you have a celebrity crash on an actor/actress in it? Which actor/actress & movie was it?
  3. Name your favorite book to movie adaptation
  4. Fictional movie character you'd like to be real and be friends with
  5. What is your most watched movie of all time?
  6. Where do you sit in the theater - front, middle or back?
  7. Last movie that actually made you cry
  8. 3D or no 3D?
  9. Name a movie you wish you could have been on set while it was filming (Vern's question that I liked a lot)
  10. Which decade of cinema was/is the greatest in your opinion? (Ben's question I liked)
  11. Favorite TV Show
Thanks in advance to those people who'll participate. Enjoy it!

4 Comments:

At Mar 13, 2014, 12:52:00 AM , Anonymous Ben Russell said...

Wow, great answers Nika! It's so great to see so much love for Titanic (which had one of the biggest impacts on me too). My friends always sneer a bit when I say it's my favourite film, but I'll always hold my head up high and defend Titanic.

It's really interesting that you didn't like The Artist. I adored that film :)

Haha, poor Dwayne Johnson. He is a pretty lame actor I must say.

Thanks for participating Nika :D

 
At Mar 13, 2014, 1:14:00 AM , Anonymous Nika said...

Thanks Ben. Yeah, Titanic was something for me. As for the Artist, it's too "silent" for me, I love dialogues in films, maybe that's why I did not enjoy it.

 
At Mar 13, 2014, 6:47:00 PM , Anonymous Sati said...

Thanks for that! I got this award many times already so I'll just answer your questions here:

1. I do because I don't have to worry if the person I took with me enjoys the movie I chose
2. This is how I choose movies to watch - I've seen pretty much everything Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes, Robert Downey Jr., Michael Sheen, George Clooney and Matthew McConaughey did.
3. Interview with the Vampire
4. Lily from Black Swan
5. In the Loop
6. Back
7. Her
8. no 3D
9. Black Swan
10. 90's
11. The Thick of It

 
At Mar 13, 2014, 6:51:00 PM , Anonymous Nika said...

Kudos for Interview with the Vampire, truly a great film. I'd probably go for The Perks.

I've never watched The Thick of It, it's maybe time to check it out.
Thanks for taking your time, Sati :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home