Dec 26, 2012

Movie Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)

One of the most beautiful stories of this  year
Couple of years ago, one of my American friends advised me to read a book named "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" - a one of the most beautiful tales of friendship and love. By that time I was more a sci-fi, fantasy type guy and have not even tried to get this book. I forgot it soon.

This very early year, I saw a trailer of movie called The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I remembered every comment of astonished her. Last night I finally watched it.

I did not expect the movie to be that good. We all have seen a lot friendship-and-complicated-love films and I personally, don't remember most of them. However I am pretty sure, I will not forget this one.

The story is poorly simple, as always, there is a loser (Logan Lerman), a heart breaker (Emma Watson) and a good friend (Ezra Miller). The Loser falls in love with the lady and becomes friend with the guy, who then turns out to be gay. Never imagined that this would be so much fun to watch on the screen.

I loved Miller's performance as a funny, happy, extravagant schoolboy. He makes even more outstanding performance after We Need To Talk About Kevin, becoming this years best new actor (or smth like that). His character is dramatic and cheerful the same time, difficult though. Hopefully Ezra knows how to deliver the soul of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

In Stephen Chbosky’s wonderfully observed film, which the director has adapted from his own novel, Sam is  a wallflower. Logan Lerman's character is a true hero of the film, an aspiring writer. Charlie arrives at high school friendless – but he meets Sam (Watson) and her stepbrother Patrick (Ezra Miller), and a friendship triangle is being sewed. They invite Charlie to a house party, and he involves in their social life – “The Island of Misfit Toys,” according to Sam calls it.

The movie evolves very dynamically, interestingly and from the very first to the very last minutes you start feeling awesomely satisfied that you've spent 1:43 on something enormously brilliant.


8/10

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home