Feb 15, 2015

Musings on trailer of Crimson Peak

Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak is one of my most anticipated films of 2015. Few days ago, it's first trailer premiered introducing main characters and general plot of the film. Amazingly, it all looked perfect: from Tom Hiddlestone to production design.

Synopsis: Set in Cumbria, in a crumbling mansion in a largely rural and mountainous region of northern England in the 19th century, young author Edith Cushing (Wasikowska) discovers that her charming new husband Sir Thomas Sharpe (Hiddleston) is not who he appears to be.

Thought #1: Easy to guess, why she married him.
Thought #2: This looks stunning, probably next years Best Production Desing. But anyway, it looks so complicated and beautiful - the colors, paintings, stairs.
Thought #3: It's supposed to be  Lady Lucille Sharpe, but looks like a corpse so much. Look at her fingers, they are black. Creepy.
Thought #4: This scene is beautiful, though quite cliche for horror movies. Butterflies are sometimes scary. But I found this scene very beautiful.
Thought #5: Another amazing shot. This movie has such a beautiful color pattern.
Thought #6: Probably Cinematography contender in 2015?
Thought #7: A must scene - Hiddleston shirtless. Can this movie beat Only Lovers Left Alive by the amount of scenes with naked Tom?
Thought #8: I'm sorry, WTF? This reminded my scene #3. Shit, this is going to be scary.
Thought #9: OKAY, ghosts coming from under the floor. I'm rolling my eyes. So cliche.
Thought #10: My blood freezes in veins. The sound is terrifying and now I regret watching it in the middle of the night. The same time, I hope the movie is a lot scarier and makes me shut my eyes all the time.

Here is a trailer, check it out.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home